UKTI to host conference for those wishing to bid for £6m event tender

Listen to this article

UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) is to host a conference for potential bidders interested in pitching for the delivery and management of UKTI’s UK and overseas HQ-led events programme for 2013-2015.

The procurement process will begin early next year, so to prepare for its release the organisation is to hold on December 12 a session for all interested parties wishing to bid.

The focus of the conference will cover the following: Current management of events and missions, the planned timescale of the proposed procurement activity and key deliverables.

The conference will take place at One Birdcage Walk, Westminster, and will offer those interested the opportunity to ask questions.

The conference session will take place from 10am until 12pm and is limited to two delegates per potential bidder. If you would like to attend, you must register by 5pm on December 7 by contacting Kirsty Madden only: kirsty.madden@ssc.rcuk.ac.uk or call 01793 867580.

The successful bidder will be responsible for delivering 80 per cent of projected services to UK customers through the UKTI HQ events and missions programme in the UK and Overseas. The remaining 20 per cent of customer services will be delivered through UKTI in-house events teams under existing framework agreements.

The estimated value of the contract is between £6m and £8.5m.